Do you work for a medical research charity?
Are you struggling with communicating your charity’s research?
- Perhaps your charity’s research blog isn’t performing as you’d like?
- Or maybe you can’t figure out how to stop getting snowed under with work?
- Or it could be you don’t know how to make your research understandable and interesting to supporters?
Whatever problem you’re facing at your charity, if it relates to communicating medical research, I can help.
Book a Power Hour with me, and we’ll find a way to help you get focussed, get out of a rut, and get your charity’s supporters excited about your work.
Price – £167
How does the Power Hour work?
- Click on the link below, which will send you to a booking page:
- Choose your Power Hour slot at a time that suits you.
- At the same time, you’ll be asked to provide information about what exactly it is that you want to discuss.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to pay.
- You’ll then get a confirmation email with a Zoom link to join the video call on the day – please keep this safe.
- You will get an email reminder three days before your Power Hour.
- We’ll spend the first 10-15 minutes exploring your problem, then the bulk of the time finding possible solutions. At the end of the call, we’ll agree on some actions/recommendations
- After the call, I’ll send you a quick email summarising the actions/recommendations.
What do my clients think of me?
“Richard is very approachable, reliable, easy to talk to and has a ‘can do’ attitude.” – Breast Cancer Now
“Richard provided us with the ability to look at our audiences from different perspectives, which will be helpful to us going forward.” – Harry’s HAT
“Richard was easy-going, friendly, ready to brainstorm ideas…” – MQ: Transforming Mental Health
Find out what my clients think about my work.
Frequently asked questions
We’ll have the Power Hour over a video call on Zoom. After you book in your Power Hour, you will be sent the link for the Zoom appointment (and a reminder three days before)
Arrive at the time you booked. For example, if you booked for 11am, arrive at 11am – you can turn up a little earlier if you like, but I won’t be starting until 11am. If you turn up more than 15 minutes late (without letting me know in advance), then you will be considered a ‘no-show’, I will leave the call and you will not get a refund.
When you book your Power Hour slot, you will be asked to provide a bit of information on what you would like to talk about. But apart from that, there isn’t anything special you need to do beforehand.
A pen and paper might be handy. Tea and biscuits optional, but recommended. Otherwise, you don’t need to bring anything special.
We'll spend the first 10-15 minutes exploring your problem, and the bulk of the time exploring possible solutions. At the end of the call, we’ll agree on some actions/recommendations.
After the call, I'll send a quick email summarising the actions/recommendations we discussed.
We’ll have up to an hour to discuss the problem you’re facing. If we’re completely finished before the end of the hour, then you’re not obliged to stay on the call for the remaining time!
When you book your Power Hour slot, you’ll be asked what you’d like to discuss. This is so I can prepare as best I can to help you find a solution to your problem. If you do change your mind, please get in touch in advance to let me know. If you turn up on the day and decide you want to discuss something else, I will do what I can do to help, but I cannot guarantee I’ll be able to fully answer your question.
The Power Hour is really designed for a one-on-one discussion. If you think you need to bring someone else along, get in touch and we can figure out what’s best. If I’m not informed in advance that there will be other people ‘sitting in’, then I may have to end the call, and you will not get a refund.
Again, the Power Hour is really for a one-on-one discussion. I worry that with a whole team present we might lose focus or not hear everyone’s views. I also wonder whether it’s the best use of everyone’s time. If you feel like you definitely need to bring others along, please get in touch in advance, and we’ll work out what’s best.
I understand that if you’re juggling childcare and working from home, you might feel like you could bring a child along to our session. However, I worry that you might not get the most from the Power Hour if you’re distracted by a child (even if they are quiet for the whole hour!). But if it’s unavoidable for you, get in touch and we can work something out.
If you have booked a Power Hour but need to reschedule you can do so through the links on the emails, or just get in touch with me directly. If you would like to cancel, please give me as much notice as possible, and I will be able to give you a refund. Any cancellations within 24 hours of the Power Hour you booked will not receive a refund.
The way I see it is that we’ll work together to come up with some ideas, recommendations, or solutions to the problem you’re facing. The results you get do depend on you implementing those recommendations – I cannot do that work for you! But if you do, then I hope that we’ll be able to solve the problem you’ve been having, once and for all.
Terms and Conditions
- Buying a ‘Power Hour’ pays for a call during a one-hour window at a time which you choose, as well as a one-page follow-up document with details of the conversation.
- You will need to pay the full fee in advance – payment afterwards or in instalments will not be accepted.
- If you have booked a time for your Power Hour but need to reschedule, please provide at least 24 hours’ notice, if possible. You will then be able to rebook ONE time only (barring any exceptional circumstances).
- If you don’t show up to the Power Hour session you booked without notifying me in advance (24 hours’ notice), you will not get a refund.
- If you turn up late to your Power Hour session, I cannot guarantee you will get your full hour. I will stay for up to 15 minutes before I leave the call, after which you will be considered a ‘no-show’, and will not be offered a chance to rebook or a refund.
- If you have technical difficulties during the call which are not my fault (e.g. your internet connection drops out, or your laptop battery dies) then I cannot guarantee you will get extra time.
- If you would like to cancel, please give me as much notice as possible, and I will be able to give you a refund. Any cancellations within 24 hours of the start of your session will not receive a refund.
- If I need to cancel our booked Power Hour, I will try and give you as much notice as possible, and you will have an opportunity to reschedule or have a refund.
Download a copy of the FAQs and T’s&C’s here.